Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) von henning schara gambit (Read 106107 times)
Djy

Non mais y connait pas
Raoul!

Re: von henning schara gambit
Reply #29 - 07/28/11 at 15:20:32
Post Tools
That's right white's king is not safe either.
Until now i fail to find a convincing way for white

La connerie c'est la décrontaction de l'intelligence  Gainsbourg
La victoire est brillante mais l'échec est mat!  Coluche

IP Logged

NeverGiveUp

Never despair in a lost
position

Reply #28 - 07/28/11 at 14:32:17
Post Tools
I'd say black has fair compensation for the Queen + two pawns for the following reasons:
-white is back in development and may have to worry about king safety, whereas black's king will be quite safe on h8.
-black has the bishop's pair where especially the dark-squared bishop is very strong and may go to the long diagonal.
-black has still got all four minor pieces: this usually works very well in my experience.
-black's rooks will be very well placed on d8 and c8. After Rac8 of black white has to worry about Nb4.

What are the moves leading up to this position please?
Is this the only critical position of the SHG or are there more?

IP Logged

Harald Keilhack
YaBB Newbies

Reply #27 - 07/27/11 at 19:36:18
Post Tools
It's about this position, White to play:

Computers see some White advantage, but comp's evals are not always thrustworthy in positions with weird material distribution.

I am not so convinced that this is the most critical position in the Schara-Hennig, but it seems Stefan Bücker is.

What do the stronger players here think about this position?
Black has some development advantage, but it's not clear whose King is more threatened.

Grandmaster's opinions would be nice!

IP Logged

Djy

Non mais y connait pas
Raoul!

Reply #26 - 07/26/11 at 19:17:09
Post Tools
PatzerNoster wrote on 07/23/11 at 22:00:27:
Stefan Buecker wrote on 09/26/10 at 14:05:37:
3.Nc3 is played about three times as often as 3.Nf3. Often White wants to play systems with Ne2, so 3.Nf3 is less flexible. I have also s.th. new for Black against 3.Nf3, but that needs more study.

I'm interested in the Schara-Hennig-Gambit, but as you say black needs a complementing option after 3.Nf3.
Have you advanced with your researches, Stefan? Could you give us a hint what line you think about?

Perhaps that would be something interesting for a future issue of Kaissiber?!

Bronznik in his book gives the Noteboom as a black option against 3.Nf3.

The advantage of 3.Nf3, for blacks, is that it enables the Dutch-Peruvian (D50,i've saw somewhere it's call the pillsbury's var. in that case). In theorie += but it's not so clear and completely in the spirit of the VHS -Tarrasch without the problem of Rubinstein 's Variation.
Great games between Rubinstein and Pillsbury 1-1 if i remember correctly.
« Last Edit: 07/26/11 at 21:52:58 by Djy »  

La connerie c'est la décrontaction de l'intelligence  Gainsbourg
La victoire est brillante mais l'échec est mat!  Coluche

IP Logged

chessy

I love ChessPublishing.com!

Reply #25 - 07/24/11 at 22:43:00
Post Tools
Thank you very much for your oppinion. As i own and read the book your answear serves me very well.

IP Logged

Stefan Buecker
God Member

Reply #24 - 07/24/11 at 18:58:34
Post Tools
chessy wrote on 07/24/11 at 17:55:24:
I apologize, of course Bücker; it was not my intention to offend or cheat on anyone...  Cry

I just was courious about the SHG, i am so sorry  Cry

Grin I guess you are from Austria, chessy? Somehow, "Brückner" seems easier than "Bücker" for Austrian tongues.

chessy wrote on 07/24/11 at 17:09:48:
So I would like to ask Stefan Brückner, what he considers the most critical line? Is it 10. a3 (instead of e3) Qe7 11.Bg5 h6 Bxf6?

PS: Does anybody know what Bronznik recommend in his book "1.d4 - Ratgeber gegen Unorthodoxe Verteidigungen" for white against the SHG?

For his Das Schara-Hennig-Gambit, Valeri Bronznik has carefully studied the Kaissiber analyses by Michiel Wind, Maurits Wind and me, always quoting the source. Moreover, he presents many new ideas. So the book is definitely worth buying for people interested in the SHG. Kaissiber had more on the history of this gambit, a unique photo of Schara (contributed by Mag. Michael Ehn, Vienna), and has done the research, putting together old sources. But for playing the SHG Bronznik's book is an excellent option.

For those who have his book, let me just say that I am not sure whether his diagram on page 98 (left column) gives Black sufficient compensation. White's queen plus two pawns seem stronger than Black's three pieces. The line is important, so further refinements may be necessary, and new ideas for Black are welcome.

Bronznik's analysis in the older (2010) 1.d4 - Ratgeber gegen Unorthodoxe Verteidigungen against the SHG seemed less critical in comparison. That book has enough stuff on other systems, however, to be extremely useful.

IP Logged

chessy

Reply #23 - 07/24/11 at 17:55:24
Post Tools
I apologize, of course Bücker; it was not my intention to offend or cheat on anyone...  Cry

I just was courious about the SHG, i am so sorry  Cry

IP Logged

MNb
God Member

Rudolf Spielmann forever

Reply #22 - 07/24/11 at 17:17:52
Post Tools
chessy wrote on 07/24/11 at 17:09:48:
So I would like to ask Stefan Brückner, what he considers the most critical line? Is it 10. a3 (instead of e3) Qe7 11.Bg5 h6 Bxf6?

I don't think Anton's little brother was very interested in chess:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anton_Bruckner

So you might instead ask Stefan Bücker. As he already wrote - I own the article - it's quite complicated. I also think FM Bücker would prefer you to buy the magazine. It's worth it's money, unless Broznik has outdated it. In that case one should buy the book.

The book had the effect good books usually have: it made the stupids more stupid, the intelligent more intelligent and the other thousands of readers remained unchanged.
GC Lichtenberg

IP Logged

chessy

Reply #21 - 07/24/11 at 17:12:32
Post Tools
@smyslovfan

Bronznik recommend in his book against the move order 1.d4 d5 2. c4 e6 3.Nf3 c6 with intention of entering the noteboom.

IP Logged

chessy

Reply #20 - 07/24/11 at 17:09:48
Post Tools
As I have read in the SHG-book by Bronznik, Brückner is THE SHG expert.

PS: Does anybody know what Bronznik recommend in his book "1.d4 - Ratgeber gegen Unorthodoxe Verteidigungen" for white against the SHG?

IP Logged

Stefan Buecker
God Member

Reply #19 - 07/24/11 at 09:31:47
Post Tools
Smyslov_Fan wrote on 07/24/11 at 00:29:13:
Stefan, pls help me out.

What is the "Kuala Lumpur trick", what is the supposed cure, and how does this relate to the Noteboom?

I have no business with Noteboom. The problem in the SHG, as explained extensively in Kaissiber #30, is the strong move 10.a3 (+/-). The Kuala Lumpur trick was detected by Michiel Wind, who was living in that city. Its key idea is to postpone the development Nb8-c6, to avoid the a3 line. Too complicated to give details here, sorry.

IP Logged

Smyslov_Fan
God Member
Correspondence fan

Progress depends on the
unreasonable man. ~GBS

Reply #18 - 07/24/11 at 00:29:13
Post Tools
Stefan, pls help me out.

What is the "Kuala Lumpur trick", what is the supposed cure, and how does this relate to the Noteboom?

IP Logged

Stefan Buecker
God Member

Reply #17 - 07/23/11 at 23:40:49
Post Tools
PatzerNoster wrote on 07/23/11 at 22:00:27:
3.Nc3 is played about three times as often as 3.Nf3. Often White wants to play systems with Ne2, so 3.Nf3 is less flexible. I have also s.th. new for Black against 3.Nf3, but that needs more study.

I'm interested in the Schara-Hennig-Gambit, but as you say black needs a complementing option after 3.Nf3.
Have you advanced with your researches, Stefan? Could you give us a hint what line you think about?

At first I'd like to test it in a few OTB games myself. - The bigger problem, however, is that Bronznik in his fine Schara-Hennig Gambit book has given a strong idea against the Kuala Lumpur trick, replacing it with a novelty of his own. Now I cannot cure Kuala Lumpur, but unfortunately I don't believe in his new idea either. Back to the laboratory.

IP Logged

PatzerNoster

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #16 - 07/23/11 at 22:00:27
Post Tools

IP Logged

Keano
God Member

Money doesn't talk, it
swears.

Reply #15 - 10/07/10 at 10:48:24
Post Tools
Yes, what White is aiming for and what Black is aiming for are two different things.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo